Stepping Everywhere

 Hello fellow blog readers, I hope you’ve had a lovely week.  You will recall I’ve been talking about the properties of light: First it’s (1) the source of all life, (2) the source of all power. And now, (3): Light is everywhere.

 

Apparently, scientists have never found anywhere in the universe where there is no light.  In fact, the commonly-accepted definition of the universe is, “That area encompassed by light”.

 

Another word for that condition is “omnipresence”. Where have we heard that word before? The only two places that word would be appropriate is when talking about light … or God.


I read an interesting thing in Exodus 6 this morning.   In the King James Version, chapter 6, verse 3, God says to Moses, “And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.”  But it was in the “message” that this leaped out at me, (same verse) “I am God.  I appeared to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as The Strong God, but by my name GOD (I-AM_PRESENT) I was not known to them”


So it wasn’t until Moses that we knew God is Omnipresent…….like Light.


Without a doubt one of the most comforting passages of Scripture in the Bible (unless of course you’re not a believer, in which case this is one of the most terrifying passages): Psalms 139:7-12,  Where can I go from your spirit? Or where can I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, you are there. If I take the wings of the morning and settle at the farthest limits of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me fast. If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light around me become night,” even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is as bright as the day, for darkness is as light to you.

 

Keep in mind that it’s Satan who, Like a roaring lion your adversary the devil prowls around, looking for someone to devour. (1 Peter 5:8)

 

God has no such limitations, in spite of what the enemy would like to tell you. Try as he may, he simply can’t be in all places at all times. That’s why he has to depend on his flunkies to be his eyes and ears for him.

 

So, to say it again, Light is the source of all life, all power, and is omnipresent. Do we see a pattern developing? Stay tuned!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surprises in the Snow

Farewell to a Friend

T'was a Dark and Stormy Night