Living a Life Worthy

 Good Morning Praying Friends,


I have good news this week.  


The last few days have been particularly hard for us, wondering each day if my nephew’s wife would live or die.  I’m happy to report that, and with thanks for your many prayers, there is some cautious optimism on the part of her doctors. Underscoring that, here’s a little vignette my nephew sent me about something that happened this week. These are Lyle’s words:


 “A couple of weeks ago, when Dawn was so sick with Covid that she had to be airlifted to Casper, I tried to call the hospital but dialed a different number by mistake. It went to voicemail. I started talking, explaining that I was trying to reach my wife in the hospital.  Before I finished, a lady picked up the phone, explained that I had dialed the wrong number, and told me straight away that she would be praying for my wife. I apologized for misdialing and hung up. This morning, I felt led to call her number again to apologize and to thank her again for praying for us all. I had suspected that she was screening her calls, and sure enough, about halfway through my voicemail message, she picked up. The lady’s name is Sarah and I got to tell her Dawn’s name and how it was just a blessing to know there are still people like her in this world. I’m going to stay in contact and when Dawn gets out I’m going to see if we can go meet her.”




Think about it: what are the chances that a wrong number would lead a grieving husband to a prayer warrior? And then as if to add his “amen”, our pastor this morning preached from Ephesians 4:1-6. It reads like this:


As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.


Living a life “worthy of the calling”; now there’s a message straight to heart! We know nothing about Sarah, except that God used her to bring comfort to a family spread out all over the world, each of us praying for Dawn … each of us praying (if you’ll pardon the obvious connection) for a new “dawn” to bring us out of the dark valley we’ve been struggling through.


What Sarah did was no more than any of you saints would have done, given the opportunity. But praise the Lord for giving her that chance to join us in prayer, and by so doing to life a life worthy of the call she’s been given!


May we all have that kind of faith, and courage, and willingness to be used in whatever situation, even if it’s a wrong number!  Let’s spend the week being a “Sarah”.  


Have a great week in the Lord,


Marsha


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surprises in the Snow

Pressed, Shaken and Running Over

Farewell to a Friend