Macaroni Neckless for Mother

 Good Morning and Happy Mothers Day!

But did you know that there are over 2 billion mothers on the earth, and about 150 countries will celebrate today, on the second Sunday of May!

Also, many of those mothers will be in church, making it the third most attended Sunday of the year.

Another bit of  interesting trivia I found is that the average mother will have changed 7300 diapers (nappies) by the time the child is two.........whew. I knew I'd lost my sense of smell somewhere.

There are a lot of other reasons why mothers are so great, and so tired as well, but as I look back on my life as a mother, I both chuckle and feel sad at the same time. It seemed a challenge at the time, but now that for many of us, it's over, we really miss some of those days.  I'm sure you moms remember the stuff like we've all experienced. Like:

The first night they slept thru and you thought they were dead.

The messes they could make with almost any substance, always at the wrong time and place (spitting up all over the Chairman of the Deacons is one that remains poignant in my memory).

Or how about that  nice afternoon nap I had, waking up to my preschool son who was so proud that he'd punched holes "All by himself" in my favourite Tupperware container to make a bug box.

The school presentation where the child spent the whole time waving at you.

Or the hugs, or the sloppy kisses......

The presentation of ‘The  Boy'  she'd  found to love.

Or the look in your son's eyes as he realises he's gradually beginning to become the parent.....

Of course some of you who are reading this may not be rejoicing in Mother's day.  I have to understand that some of you  might not have happy memories of being a mother, it's true, and my heart goes out to you.  I remember when our first son died, so many came to my side to love and nurture me, and that was wonderful, but at the same time I wondered  how it would feel to 'lose' your child in other ways that people don't understand. Nothing can take away the fact that that you're still a mother and God knows your pain, and as most of us cannot even fathom this, God does. 

Back to Pollyanna me, I have to say that I have had the blessing of realising the verse in 3 John 1:4 which says, " I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth".

This has to be the ultimate blessing of all those 'moments' .

Happy Mother's Day to you all.

Marsha


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surprises in the Snow

Farewell to a Friend

T'was a Dark and Stormy Night