Hands to the Plow

 Good morning friends,


Thank all of you who follow me.  I noticed an increased number of readers over the last couple of weeks, so I hope I can find some more exciting stories of God's faithfulness to share.


On that note, God has certainly continued to be faithful this week, but it's pretty mundane.  For those of you who have ever moved, you can imagine how non-exciting that is. We were apart from our possessions for almost two years and the end result is that we lived quite happily without all that 'frip frap'.  


But on the other hand, it's a nostalgic joy to see a few things that we love.  We decided the things we love are things that elicit happy memories, for example, ramen bowls given to me from a favorite group of ladies in Japan, or a grandson's first artwork.....We had a laugh about those well-off Egyptians who got to carry a lot of their favorite 'stuff' into the tomb to be with them (Sadly, we see how that worked out).


But in the effort to embrace minimalism, I'm racing around looking for my turkey platter and the hand mixer because believe it or not, as you're reading this, we're having a family Thanksgiving dinner!  It's been years, so I'm excited.

 

But back to treasures, I picked up another 'treasure' while we were in Hawaii, and that is in the embodiment of a new friend, met at a public swimming pool of all places.  As soon as we met, we felt like we were 'sisters' (she's 2 months older than me), finding  our lives had been so full,  but different, which allowed us a full plate of talking points as we tried to exercise along.


On one of our last days at the pool, Tony and I visited her home and what she and her brother (who lives with her) call their "Healing Garden".


When she first mentioned it, I had a vision of sitting cross legged in the sand humming some incantation (Shows how much I don't know about her), but no, she's a well-grounded Christian and what they'd achieved over years of hard work, is a garden, created to make them healthy.


Here's the sweet poem she gave me to explain things: She said it's "author anonymous," so feel free to share if you like.




How to Plant God’s Healing Garden

 

You come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the grass.

 

Plant three rows of Peas: 

• --Peace of Mind

• --Peace of Heart

• --Peace of Soul

Plant four rows of Squash: 

• --Squash Gossip

• --Squash Indifference

• --Squash Grumbling

• --Squash Selfishness

Plant four rows of Lettuce: 

• --Lettuce be Faithful

• --Lettuce be Kind

• --Lettuce be Patient

• --Lettuce really Love one another 

Every garden needs Turnips: 

• --Turnip for Meetings

• --Turnip for Service

• --Turnip to Help one another

Your garden must have Thyme: 

• --Thyme for Each Other

• --Thyme for Family 

• --Thyme for Friends


Water freely with patience and cultivate with love. 

There will be much harvest in your healing garden because you reap what you sow.


Isn't that good to think about?


And my friend finishes with a Bible verse I used long ago, but hey,  it's still appropriate!


Of course, being Isaiah, God is speaking to Israel, but look what he has to say in verse 7 for us non-Israelites!


But now, this is what the LORD says—  he who created you, Jacob,  he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;

and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead. Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life.

Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’ and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back. Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth— everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.”     (Isaiah 43:1-7)


Hands to the Plow!


Marsha


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surprises in the Snow

Farewell to a Friend

T'was a Dark and Stormy Night