Bad Day for Sheep

 Hi Ya’ll,


I’m writing this from our cruise ship.  This has certainly been a very long cruise, as this is our third Sunday. Sadly, until yesterday I had not even met one Christian on board.  We crossed the Atlantic with only 1/3 of the guests they can accommodate, which was nice, but since the Canary Islands, we’ve been almost at capacity.  I met the Christian as we were touring a mosque in Casa Blanca, Morocco.  The guide said this mosque allows “non Muslim’s”, otherwise known to them as ‘infidels” to come inside, but we aren’t allowed to PRAYi


The lady next to me said, more or less under her breath and in a Southern drawl, “I’d like to see them try to stop me!” And I grabbed her arm and said, “Finally I find a Christian!”  Fun to find like minds.


But what I need you to do today is PRAY.  The guide told us, as we were passing stock yards full of bleating sheep, that tomorrow (Monday) is the annual feast of Abraham.


Yes, we share a common Jewish father, Abraham.  The feast, she explained, is much like our Thanksgiving, where everyone tries to get back to the home place for the weekend.  There, they will sacrifice the sheep to remember the ram God provided so that Abraham wouldn’t have to sacrifice his son. There will be much feasting amid feelings of home.


Yes, we nod our heads in agreement …….. until we realise that the son the Muslim’s believe God saved was Ishmael, not Isaac!


My heart breaks for these disillusioned people.  We have some distant relatives who have just sent, through the same sending organisation we served with for 40 years, their children to shine a light in this country of Morocco.  How brave they are, how energetic to learn several difficult languages and then deal with people who are so disillusioned.


I ask you to all pray with me that more and more Muslim’s will be dreaming (it really happens a lot) of Jesus coming to them and saying, (from John 8:32 ) “And you will know the truth, and the truth shall set you free”!


God bless us all.  Next week we’ll be attending church, possibly even helping with the service in Cardiff, Wales!  Speaking of difficult languages!  


Adios,

Marsha



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Farewell to a Friend

Surprises in the Snow

A Different Kind of Tour