Our Apology

 We'll, we've had an interesting week, as usual, but I have to start with an apology, especially before I don't have any followers.

You remember last week when I mentioned that I needed to "throw off" all of these things, especially regarding the burdens of everyone else,  and just run the race?

Wouldn't you know that only 2 days after I posted, Tony and I were  reading Oswald Chambers (My Utmost for His Highest) and whammy, there it was.  Not Paul, who was inspired by God, but alongside of Paul, came a little wisdom from Oswald.

Here's what he says: 

"October 9.  Romans 6:19. Yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness."

And he goes on: "If I construct my faith on my experience, I produce the most isolated life, my own whiteness.  Beware of the piety that has no preposition in the Atonement of the Lord, It is of no use for anything but a sequestered life: it is useless to God and nuisance to man."

I don't want to be a 'nuisance to man'.  So now I'm on a 'new' race.  To lay aside everything that's hindering me, but not to long anymore to be 'sequestered' from all and everyone. Listening to the words of this fellow traveller, I came to realise in some ways, this trip has been that. We've stepped away into our own world as we travel and enjoy, observe and sometimes pontificate on what we see, but we must understand this is NOT a sustainable existence. We cannot chose to be apart from you and your realities just because we can't figure out how to fix them.  

Oswald continues and I have to agree, "We must do everything banked against the atonement we find in Christ and when  we do that, we much feel the delight of the supernatural grace of God."   

So in laymens' terms, "You've got a friend in me!"  I will promise to listen to your stories, sympathise and walk beside you, but I'll be remembering to let GOD handle the details and will no longer try to fix it using  my own imagined piety.

This endeth the apology, Marsha 

Next week Tony has an observation he'd like to share with you. I'll be waiting with bated breath, and hope you are too. 

Love, Marsha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surprises in the Snow

Farewell to a Friend

T'was a Dark and Stormy Night