So Blessed

 Merry Christmas Everyone!


After many months and heaps of trials, Marsha and I are finally back in our own house in Australia. The place is a mess, we’ll be unpacking and sorting until July, and every day brings a new “settling in” challenge, but boy, does it feel good!


I know all of you are at least as busy as we are during this time, so we’ll try not to be a distraction. In a quick nutshell, we’re so blessed to have Nathan, Kylie, Chris, Nicki, and a good part of their own extended families all together today and tomorrow for a time of celebration that I’ve missed for way too long. At least half a dozen times a day this past week, Marsha and I have stopped, taken a deep breath and whispered, “We are Soooo blessed!”


Now I know that’s not politically correct to say anymore, because the unspoken finish to that sentence is, “And you’re not.” Of course that’s not true, and I’d be happy to preach a sermon or two on the subject, but fair enough, there’s a lot of folks around us here who are struggling with everything from fractured relationships, addictions and poverty. We pray for them constantly, and try to do what we can, but it breaks our hearts to realize that not everyone is truly enjoying the Yuletide spirit today.


If you or someone near you can resonate with this, then I recommend a link that’s going around YouTube this year. You may have already seen it, but if you have 15 minutes, I think it will bless you. Hugh Bonnevile (from “Downton Abby) is the presenter, and it’s a real encourager. Here’s the link: 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReApJymYSiw&ab_channel=TheTabernacleChoiratTempleSquare 



Marsha sends her greetings. She’s busy in the kitchen cooking up all the things that have become “family tradition”, so I convinced her to let me take the wheel this week. She’ll be back next week with something great, I’m sure. Until then, God bless and keep you!


Love, Tony


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surprises in the Snow

Farewell to a Friend

T'was a Dark and Stormy Night